Team India (Photo Credits: Twitter / BCCI)
Ind vs Eng 4th Test Match 2021: The first day of the fourth Test match between India vs England cricket team being played at the newly built Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad (Ahmedabad) has ended. The Indian team has scored 24 runs in the first innings at the loss of one wicket. Opener Rohit Sharma (Rohit Sharma) for the team is unbeaten by eight from 34 balls and middle order veteran Cheteshwar Pujara scored 15 runs from 36 balls. Earlier, the entire team of England were all out for 205 runs on the first day. Ben Stokes, the vice-captain for the team, played the most fifty-fifty innings of 55 runs. There are several major records during the match which are as follows-
– Virat Kohli today equaled Dhoni’s record of playing the most Test matches for Team India. Both players have so far led Team India in 60-60 matches in Test cricket.
– Joe Root is playing his 50th Test match as captain for England cricket team today. Root has equaled former England captain Andrew Strauss in this matter. Strauss also led the England cricket team in 50 Test matches.
Also read- Ind vs Eng 4th Test Day 1: Pant read Jack Crawley’s mind, the batsman was out on the very next ball, watch the interesting video of the whole case
– Joe Root has surpassed former Indian opener Virender Sehwag in terms of scoring the most runs in Test cricket. Sehwag has scored 8586 runs in Test cricket. At the same time, the name of the route has now been 8587.
– On the other hand, India’s middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara has overtaken West Indies’ Rohan Kanhai (6227) and Australia’s Michael Hussey (6235) in scoring the most runs in Test cricket. Pujara’s name is now recorded in Test cricket (6242).
Also read- Ind vs Eng 4th Test Day 1: Ben Stokes and Virat Kohli clash in the middle ground, on-field umpires solved the case, watch video
– Akshar Patel spent just 174 runs in his Test cricket career to take 20 wickets. With this, he has become the second bowler in the world to take 20 wickets at the lowest run. In this case, the name of Australia’s Roll Messi comes first. Messi had taken 20 wickets for 167 runs.
– Ben Stokes, vice-captain of the England cricket team, played a brilliant half-century innings of 55 runs today. Please tell that this is the 24th half-century of Stokes’ Test cricket career.
– Virat Kohli is playing his 14th Test match against England as captain. He has become the second-most Test-playing Indian captain jointly against England, at par with Sunil Gavaskar (14).
Also read- Ind vs Eng 4th Test Day 1: English players appeared helpless in front of Akshar Patel and Ashwin in the fourth test match, the whole team was all out for 205 runs.
Let us know that Shubman Gill is the only player to be dismissed in the first innings of the fourth Test match for India. James Anderson showed the way to the pavilion by LBW without opening the account to Gill.